The 123/ALFA-4-R has been especially designed for Alfa Romeo's 4-cylinder Nord engines.
It is suited for all basic versions as used in the Alfa Romeo Giulia, Bertone, Spider, Berlina etc.
This is the version that does NOT use vacuum-advance !
As the 123-ignition systems simply work best when combined with a Bosch Blue Coil, and because it is impossible to determine of your old coil has been overheated in the past and consequently might be past its prime, we decided to offer you a package deal of the 123-ignition + a brand new Bosch blue coil.
Specifics of the 123/ALFA-4-R distributor:
No more need to check the breaker points or replacing the condenser.
The advance curves are electronically calculated; once you have timed the distributor correctly, there is no more need to re-adjust it.
The unit has a built-in LED-light to aid timing it correctly.
As with almost all 123 systems, the 123/ALFA-4-R has a multitude of advance curves built-in which can be selected using a small screwdriver.
The 123ignition systems are, amongst others, equipped with:
- Electronically checking and adjusting the contact angle
- "Spark Balancing" for smooth idling
- Automatic shut-off after 1 second in case of engine stall.
This prevents the coil from overheating and thus extends coil life
Installation of the 123ignition.
Please read the, multi-language, manual carefully before attempting the install.
The manual will show you further information on ignition timing, advance curves and specs.
Also he installation process if clearly described in a step-by-step manner.
The manual is included in the package but can also be downloaded HERE.
Old, used, ignition coils are often in a rather bad shape and checking the condition is virtually impossible.
Conventional ignition systems allow coils to overheat when the ignition is left on while the engine is not running.
For this reason and to provide the best package possible, we have decided to only offer this 123Ignition system together with a genuine Bosch Blue Coil which is the perfect parter for your new system.
The 123/Alfa-4-R contains the following advance curves:
- Curve 0 replaces Bosch number 0.231.129.036 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova 1300-1600
- Curve 1 replaces Bosch number 0.231.110.045 - Alfa Romeo Spider 2000 and Alfa Romeo Bertone 2000
- Curve 2 replaces Bosch number 0.231.112.060 - Alfa Romeo Giulia TI
- Curve 3 replaces Bosch number 0.231.112.065 - Alfa Romeo Giulia TI
- Curve 4 replaces Bosch number 0.231.110.041 - Alfa Romeo Duetto 1600
- Curve 5 replaces Bosch number 0.231.110.044 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Super and Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint
- Curve 6 replaces Bosch number 0.231.110.044 - Alfa Romeo Giulia GT, GTA en GTC
- Curve 7 replaces distributor JF-4 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Super 1300-1600
- Curve 8 replaces Bosch number 0.231.129.032 - Alfa Romeo Spider 1750
- Curve 9 replaces Bosch number 0.231.129.034 - Alfa Romeo Bertone 1750
- Curve A replaces Bosch number 0231.178.006 - Alfa Romeo 1972 - 1978
- Curve B replaces Bosch number 0231.110.044 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Super and Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint
- Curve C replaces Bosch number 0231.110.044 - Alfa Romeo Giulia Super and Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint
- Curve D is a ‘tuning’ curve
- Curve E is the ‘Shankle’ curve
- Curve F replaces Marelli S103B, S103BA and S166A
Feel free to contact us with your questions regarding a 123Ignition system.
The price INCLUDES a new Bosch Blue Coil!