pkp226a Fuel level Gauge for Zenith 40 TIN carburetors
Fuel level gauge for the 3-barrel Zenith 40 TIN carburetors.
Anybody who regularly works on carburetors will be aware of the importance of the correct fuel level.
An incorrect fuel level will cause erratic running and all kinds of almost inexplicable symptoms.
The fuel level gauge that we offer here enables you to measure the fuel level very accurately and consequently allow you to set it at exactly the required height.
Instructions on how to use this gauge:
- Switch off the engine
- Remove the float chamber drain plug (Number 11 in the drawing) from the float chamber that you want to measure, while making sure to catch the flow of fuel in a cup
- Replace the drain plug with this tool and place the tube in an upright position
- Check for leaks
- Start the engine and read the fuel level from the scale
- With the engine at idle rpm, the fuel level should be between the markings on the gauge
- When necessary, you can now adjust the level by adding or removing copper washers between the needle valve and the top cover
- The washers that are included in this set come in 3 different thicknesses
- The ratio of change is around 1:3; i.e. adding 1 mm in thickness, raises the fuel level by 3 mm and vice versa
- When satisfied with the setting, switch off the engine remove the gauge (again catching the flow of fuel) and replace the drain plug
- Check for leaks and correct where needed
This gauge is also suitable for the 3-barrel Weber IDA carburettors and derivatives.
This is Our Article Number: PKP226a